sensory blanket

sensory blanket
(made for mary anne) Praising Him with the work of my simple hands

Friday, September 8, 2017

Endless trivial sewing and trailer painting done!

 I finished all 10 pair of sweatpants for the little boys. It took 3 days. I hate trivial sewing- making the same thing over and over. But I finished!

Above are 7 quilts, some 10 yrs old, some 26 years or older! They don't make them like they used to. Even with their minute holes and iffy fabric. They have held up 200x better than the new quilts I bought from Target. Those quilts bunched up their batting the first wash. :o( And I hate the new "silky" feeling bamboo? fabric quilts. I don't have money to buy better made quilts.
Sew   So I did this-

We never use top sheets on the kid's beds. They just bunch them up and even tho the older can make their beds. (I just can't "make" them make them :o) The youngest 6 can't make a bed with a top sheet.
So I saved some of our favorite top sheets from sheet sets.

Above I made 9 duvet covers from 18 twin size top sheets, for the everlasting quilts. :o)

I almost died of boredom sewing the 3 looooooooooooong sheet sides together. It took about 5 hours. When finished the seams needed pressing. They did not want to lay nice. I took a 2 hour nap first and then pressed and folded them.

I forgot my sew on velcro, to put on the open end of the duvets. Tom is going home for the mail and will bring it up tomorrow. The teens want their duvet now!

The finished painting in the back room where I sew and cook for the multitude. (there are 14 of us) I covered the glass on the cupboards with contact paper.

The "sewing" closet in that room. There are screws on the 2 panels below, so I cut the contact paper narrower.

 The top of the tall closet. Everything I am going to paint is painted in this room now.

In the little "hall" is a deep pantry cupboard I painted blue to match the kitchen living room area. I had leftover contact paper. So I put some here. I wanted to use it up.

I even used the last tiny bits of contact paper strips. I added them here after I cut them in squares, like little quilt patches.

The TV console is now finished being painted. I had just enough contact paper left for these 2 cupboard doors. I did it! I used it all up! The paint is not this "light". The sun was shining and then the flash washed it out.
I'm painting nothing lower for fear kids will chip it.

In the morning I hope to sew shirt number 2 for my sweet 13 yr old son. A much more fun project!

Happy Creating! God Bless!
Thanx for visiting!  (((HUG)))

2 comments:

  1. My gosh that was a marathon sewing session. Not boring at all byw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I have the aches and pains to prove it! Thank You for stopping by! You are always Welcome! :o)

      Delete

Welcome! (((HUG))) We love comments! Please be kind ;o)

C'mon in :o) Grab some coffee! Let's visit!

 I think I've mentioned a million times that I have spent the last 4 years de-cluttering. I gave away 75% of my crafting items that I ...